Thursday, January 12, 2023

Life - A Sad Ending

Sitting on the edge of sidewall of the lake, I was watching the placid surface of water. There was absolute serenity.

The silence was ringing like a deafening noise in my wicked mind. I picked up a stone and hurled it in the air. It dropped on the uninterrupted sheet of water and broke it with a splash.

Thousands of droplets revolted and escaped the strict discipline of the divine unanimity and serenity in a big bang. Competing with each other, each droplet trying to run faster n farther away from the lifeless monotony, went up in the air in ecstasy. 

The gravity of the matter was seriously violated. Deeply disturbed, it sprung to action and started capturing each of the fugitives back. It was only a matter of time, the top shot surrendered to its lackluster destiny. 

But before failing, the mutiny sent the ripples of fear through the serenity, which I saw fading away with time. And a moment later, I was staring blankly at nothingness. 

Serenity reigned again refilling me with uneasy restlessness.

No comments: